SYMBOL MINDED DEPT.
Today, an Appeals Court in New York became the second in the country to overturn the Defense of Marriage Act (which defines marriage as being between a man and a woman). No matter where you stand on the issue, after seeing this piece from MAD #438 back in February 2004, we can all agree that the real victims are MAD’s readers.
Click the image to see it bigger!
Lately, Chick-fil-A’s been in the fryer, after company President Dan Cathy came out in opposition to gay marriage. While many have lambasted his stance, the prince of poultry still has plenty of advocates — folks like ex-Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, who even went so far as to declare today “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.” To find out what people were doing to commemorate this ridiculous “holiday”, we took to the streets and asked around.
Yesterday, North Carolina voters went to the polls and overwhelmingly approved an amendment to their state constitution banning same-sex marriage. To find out why, we took to the streets of the Tar Heel State and asked the people.
Yesterday, when a California appeals court struck down Proposition 8 — the state’s voter-approved ban on same sex marriage — anti-gay forces went ballistic, vowing to continue their fight to support “traditional marriage” Why can’t these knuckle-dragging troglodytes see the future that’s inevitably coming? After all, we did — way back in 2010, with an issue of Archie that foresaw the way things will eventually be — in California and beyond. From MAD #504, August 2010 Writer: Charlie Kadau Artist: R. Sikoryak
Republican Presidential candidate Michele Bachmann recently signed The Marriage Vow, a “Christian” document which assails gay marriage and claims that black families were more stable during slavery than they are today. After a backlash, some of the more hateful language was removed, but not Bachmann’s endorsement.
• The Central Park Zoo’s famous gay penguins are finally able to tie the knot.
• Jeter and A-Rod can finally stop all of the “Sam and Diane” nonsense and just go for it.
• The Men’s Wearhouse has doubled its inventory of tuxedos available in women’s sizes.
• There was absolutely no noticeable uptick at all in Netflix streams of I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.
• Realizing they’re losing this debate, Conservatives will insist that Gay divorce is an affront to heterosexual divorce, and must not be legalized.Artist: Hermann Mejia