Borders Bookstore closes its doors for good this week, the same week Kate Gosselin’s show Kate Plus 8 ends its infamous run on TLC. Two disparate stories with nothing in common? Think again.
• John Gosselin hasn’t been in either in years
• Borders problems started when they expanded too much too quickly. Ditto Kate’s uterus
• The wind rushing through the empty Borders Store is identical to the sound of the wind rushing through Kate’s empty head
• Borders already took 90% off, Kate is still mulling the Playboy offer
• Borders went out of business because we’ve become a country of shallow, anti-intellectual non-readers, ironically the very reasons Kate’s show became popular in the first place